SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Tuesday 6 November 2018

Keys Fine Art Auctioneers!

Vivien and I visted Keys Auctioneers at Aylsham this afternoon. What an exciting place! A massive site and some fascinating people work there. All staff were extremely helpful and gave us lots of interesting values on various items that belonged to our parents, including two small paintings of children playing with toys – my father believed these paintings were painted by A. H Patterson, the Great Yarmouth Naturalist, but frustratingly they are not signed. However, we were told that these paintings were not Patterson and were painted far earlier than we thought... approximately 1840!!!! They would sell for at least £100 in auction! Such a pity we don't know who the artist is though!

Keys are holding a second Ornithological and Natural History sale in February 2019 we heard, as their annual Ornithological Auction in September is so popular they decided to do two in 2019! This auction will be packed out, I'm sure!

Just to explain, I am on my third and last week of phase return and this week – I am at work all week apart from this afternoon and Thursday afternoon and next week I'm back to full time/normal hours. I spent the weekend cleaning the oven and fridge freezer up ready for selling and general work at parent's house. We still have a long way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment