SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Tuesday 24 August 2021

Lunch With My Sisters and Car Stuff!

The Skoda was in for its annual car service and MOT at 8.30am. Also had to have the key starter ignition switch replaced, as this had cracked and new expensive back tyres – the tyres didn't need changing yet, but I wanted full tread tyres, not ones that are half worn for the long trip north. Complimentary car wash was done too. The garage needed the car all day, so I had to kill time in King's Lynn, as too far to walk home and come back. The MOT passed, with only one warning – that the rear brake discs and pads would need changing at some point – obviously because of my forthcoming trip, I've booked to have them done in September, at the first available appointment before I go.

I had my spare binoculars with me (not my expensive Swaros) and from the Skoda garage walked to Harding Pits. I really don't know why I bothered, no birds whatsover, which was a surprise, but worse still was the littering! Full carrier bags of wine bottles, beer cans, chips boxes and other litter at every seat – it looked dreadful. If I had had a dustbin bag on me, I would have cleared it all up – I know that this place is known for the alcoholics to consume their beverages, but it frustrates me that they can bring the bottles and cans from home, but they can't take their empties back! Left this miserable looking place and headed into town.

Purchased a few essential items and then met Lucy and Vivien in the market place, where we then walked to Marriott's Warehouse on the quayside and sat outside for lunch. The food was ok, but wasn't awesome to be honest, so won't be rushing back. The best thing was the ginger beer and seeing my sisters. We haven't spent any time together for several weeks, because of Vivien and Ray bringing their new narrowboat back to Ely, so it was nice to catch up. After lunch, Lucy wanted to do some shopping, which she is allowed to do now, but its still compulsory for her to wear a mask. We all left and I walked back to the Skoda garage at 3.30pm to collect my car.

After paying a humongous, but expected bill – I was quite shocked to see lots of tree resin on my car, which the garage had not been able to remove, as this is not part of the washing service. I hadn't realised that the pine trees where I park my car under at work (my favourite parking spot) had been leaking over my car! I will have to move my car to a sap free place tomorrow and try and remove these rock hard sap spots – another job to add to the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment