SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 12 November 2021

The Perfect Home!!!

I regularly look at properties in Shetland several times a week and have done for a long time. Occasionally I will look at properties in Norfolk, but that is a complete waste of time, for what I'm looking for.

Just found this property this evening, in a perfect area of Shetland and with a view of St Ninian's Isle and the sea! If I had my house up for sale and was close to selling, I would have put an offer in, but I'm not even at the beginning of moving yet! Sadly for me, this amazing property will be sold within the week, if not days! With three bedrooms for my sisters to come and stay or/and a potential birding b&b!!! Stunning inside, no stairs – all one level, no parking issues, how can you not love this property!!!

https://www.estateagencyshetland.co.uk/properties/nordi 

This has given me the kick I need to sort things out in my house and get it on the market – time for change, time for a new life, a new beginning. Since losing my parent's I have felt so unsettled and miss them so much, it still feels so sad not to have them around and I know my sisters feel the same. Norfolk has changed too much and the weather here is too hot. Enough is enough! People say how atrocious the weather is in Shetland and how long it goes on for – I will have to work anyway, so I can't see it being any different to now in Winter time. I go to work in the dark (virtually) and come home in the dark! Its only on my days off, that the weather in Shetland would be more severe than Norfolk and I'm not exactly someone who would be short of things to do indoors! I want to get back to my art, design, to crafts, to reading, to writing, to so many things! All I will need after my move, is some hens and two cats and my life will be complete!!! Roll on 2022!

This will be the last weekend for potential rarities before Winter birding hits. We have two days of east winds on Sunday and Monday, with the nano chance of a Pine Grosbeak or something else equally rare or something even more exciting arriving on our shores! I also need to sort and edit the rest of the photos for my Shetland trip! After this, I will be concentrating on the big sort out in my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment