SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Tuesday 8 February 2022

Birthday Outing With Lucy!

My sister Lucy's birthday is on Thursday, but Vivien would have been at work and I will be at work. I had planned to take Lucy to Ely today, have lunch with Vivien in one of the tearooms and then spend the rest of the afternoon back on Vivien and Ray's narrowboat. However, Vivien is still ill with Covid-19, so those plans are sadly cancelled. Lucy decided instead, that she simply wanted to go to Hunstanton and have fish 'n' chips along the clifftop.

I picked Lucy up at 11.15am and for some reason, she wasn't in the best of moods, so it was quite difficult to please her. One minute she wanted the car window open, the next she wanted it shut, then open and so on. The car seat was uncomfortable etc etc! Along with a list of complaints. Anyway, in Hunstanton we bought our fish 'n' chips from "Fishers" which now costs £8.50! We parked up on the clifftop to enjoy these and they were extremely good, so worth the price increase I suppose. The portions were so big, neither of us could eat them, so we scattered the remains on the clifftop and a mass of gulls dropped like bombs and cleared it all in seconds. Lucy was quite amazed at how quickly they were demolished and said "they have eaten them quicker than we did!" Lucy and I had a chocolate eclair which I had bought us and a cup of tea. Lucy felt very sad for a Black-headed Gull who was late to the party, as it sat on the grass by our car, hoping for some scraps. "Haven't you got anything in your car you could it give Penny?" she said – no, I hadn't. It was a pity that Lucy didn't want to walk anywhere, but there we go!

I gave Lucy the choice to do whatever she wanted to next, but she couldn't make her mind up. She didn't want to walk anywhere at all, as she said it was 'freezing' – compared to yesterday (which was cold) it was quite mild today, I thought. Lucy decided she wanted to cruise around Holme, so we headed east, but when we reached the crossroads at Holme, she changed her mind, probably too emotional for her – it is for Vivien and I too. So, we then diverted through Ringstead and to the shop at Norfolk Lavender, which is somewhere Lucy particularly enjoys going to. She purchased lots of items here and really enjoyed herself: a bag, some soaps, powder, keyring, drinks coaster, drinks tray, socks x 3 lots, pens and so on! Lucy also very kindly bought me an extra birthday present, a "Pachamama" 100% wool Lugano Headband.

Lucy said she felt too tired to come back to my house, so I took her back home and also gave her my big birthday package and card for to open on her birthday. It was always an expensive time for Vivien and our father. With my birthday on 27th January, mother's on 9th February and Lucy's on the 10th February!

No comments:

Post a Comment