SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 20 February 2022

Weekend Update!

No storm damage at mine yesterday, apart from a couple of large plant pots being tossed over. Several neighbours had fences blown down though. 122mph gust was recorded on The Isle of Wight!

Lucy and others are in "lockdown" as several members of staff have had and still have Covid-19. Its far from over yet.

Hip update: on Thursday I phoned Occupational Heath at the QEH for advice – no joy there! Then I phoned MRI reception to try and find out how long the wait would be for my MRI scan and I was told by the receptionist, that an A&E consultant had cancelled my MRI and requested a pelvic x-ray instead!!! That was nice of them to inform me that.... not! So, then I phoned A&E reception to find out why the MRI had been cancelled, when the doctor I saw on Tuesday said that she would request an MRI Scan (see my post on Tuesday). A lady on the A&E reception told me something entirely different to the MRI reception..... she said that an MRI had not been requested at all and  "looking at the discharge letter/plan that would be sent to my GP, it asked for my GP to request an MRI scan"!!! No mention of a pelvic x-ray and that they suggested my GP refer me to The Pain Clinic at QEH!!! My immediate response was "why would I be referred to The Pain Clinic, when I don't have a diagnosis yet?!!! What a mix up!!! I was not a happy bunny to say the least and if I hadn't phoned up, I would have been waiting for a letter to arrive with a date for an MRI scan that wasn't going to happen! I explained that I need to have a diagnosis, so I know how to deal with this pain etc and get back to work. The very nice lady I was speaking to on A&E reception advised me to return to A&E and also the best time to arrive.

On Friday I arrived at A&E at just before 8am. Even though there were far less people in the waiting room than there were on Tuesday, it took far longer to be seen for some reason. I eventually got to see a different lady doctor who seemed surprised that I had not been given any kind of scan when I came in on Tuesday and when she could see now much pain I was in, she initially said "I think I will send you for an x-ray". My blood pressure was good and other tests fine. She assessed my spine and hip etc and then went off to see her senior to discuss my case – she returned to say that she believed it was musculoskeletal and I didn't need any x-rays or scans. She said the Oramorph I had been prescribed on Tuesday was not the best thing for my symptoms.......!!! She apologised for the previous doctor, who apparently should not have said to me that I would have an MRI scan. I was then prescribed Diazepam 2mg tablets x 3, one to be taken each day for three days and Co-codamol Tablets 30/500mg and told me to buy some Voltarol gel to administer to the painful area. I left at 11am.

Went to the chemist and picked up my prescriptions. Spent £9.99 on a Voltarol 140 mg Medicated Plaster x 2 in a box and a tube of Volterol gel. Returned home. I have not and will not be taking the Diazepam tablets (nasty things) unless I absolutely have to and in any case, the doctor said these would help to relax my muscles, so will the Oramorph, so I would rather take that! I'm taking the Co-codamol tablets prescribed though (not with the Oramorph though!). I put on the Voltarol medicated plaster, which was absolutely brilliant – after about half an hour, the pain improved quite a bit – expensive though at £5 a plaster!!! Phoned work to update them on my situation. Went to be bed very early, which is unusual for me. Its a pity you can't get Voltarol on prescription, you used to be able to, but not any more.

Saturday – drove the car into town and purchased another box of Voltarol medicated plasters – 5 in a box for £19.99 and also a box of BOOTS own make Heat patches x 4 for £4.99. Did a food shop in Sainsbury's and returned home and my hip felt very painful again – it doesn't like getting in and out of a car, or driving or doing physical things yet I presume?! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment