SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 25 May 2022

Christina's Leaving Do!

Christina and Penny
The Barn Restaurant, Terrington St John
Taken with with my phone by Emily Watson, thank you x

Today, a very special person left our team for pastures new,
the lovely Christina.

 
Christina is a Band 6 Physiotherapist in our team and is one of the most beautiful souls, inside and out, I have ever met in my life and I mean that seriously – she is extremely hardworking, compassionate, caring, kind, supportive, funny and we all adore her. Never mind about Band 6, she should be at least Band 7, if not higher. I especially love going out on a community visit with Christina, she is a joy to work with and we always have such a laugh, usually at something silly I have said or done!
 
I can understand why Christina has left, as she has been driving to work for over an hour, every day for the last six years and you can only cope with that for so long – her new post will only be thirty minutes from where she lives and she is going to work in a private setting. I'm extremely pleased for Christina and her new employers are very lucky indeed, they have struck gold! But, I will miss her terribly, her smile and laughter lights up the room and it will be a sadder place without her. Time and people move on and this is part of life, but some people are extra special.

This evening's leaving do, was brilliantly organised by Cara and Emily, who also very thoughtfully put a lot of work into choosing Christina's lovely gifts, which we all clubbed together for, including the wonderfully worded framed picture below. The venue was The Barn Restaurant at Terrington St John, BUT it was a "bleep bleep" to find, although nobody else seemed to have an issue! I picked up Hilary and Rhiannon at 5pm (on time) and we would have been one of the first people to arrive, but my sat nav (which was perfectly capable of getting me to Aberdeen last October) was not capable of taking me a few miles up the road! The postcode: PE14 7SE took me to 2 School Road, which was correct, but to West Walton, NOT Terrington St John, we all realised! I had been chilled up to this point! Luckily my passengers directed me via Google maps on their phones! You couldn't make this up, but we were not quite last to arrive thank goodness!

The venue was beautiful, spacious and the service was prompt and excellent. The food was stunningly presented and very nice indeed. I would go back again. I asked about Christmas parties and one of the members of staff told me, they are opening an even bigger venue opposite the old Debenhams in King's Lynn, so this maybe a good place for future Christmas parties?!

Scott did an excellent speech for Christina, which was beautiful, humorous and heartfelt, how he did that without welling up I really don't know. Christina said a few words, which she found difficult and was a bit emotional, as I knew she would be. Gifts were presented and we carried on with desserts, coffees and then our hugs and goodbyes. I gave Christina my own personal card and a bottle of Ginger wine.

The drive home was straight forward, thank goodness! Rhiannon got a lift back with Ella (I don't blame her 🤣) and I took Linda and Hilary home. A lovely, but emotional evening. Wishing you lots of joy and happiness in your new role Christina. We WILL be visiting you at a later date! 😉 😊 Its not goodbye!

💖💖💖
 

No comments:

Post a Comment