SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 15 September 2022

Prince and Princess of Wales, William and Kate, Visit Sandringham to View Tributes to The Queen

The Princess of Wales
 
 
Kate and Wiliam greet the crowds at Sandringham this afternoon
 
The Press Team!
I sneaked in and kneeled on the ground – I had one small gap to photograph from!
 
 
 
I was going to Sandringham this morning anyway, as I knew there would be far more flowers to photograph since my last visit. I was just reading the news headlines at home, when I read that William and Kate were coming to Sandringham today!!! No clarification of time, obviously for security reasons, so I got my skates on and headed to Sandringham! The news had obviously leaked out quickly, as all cars were diverted to a very large field on the estate, as all the normal car parks were already full by the time I arrived.
 
I walked up to the Norwich Gates where the flowers are on display – William and Kate arrived about 5 minutes after that! I was very lucky I didn't miss them, but I couldn't see a thing! Thousands of people were packed in and no hope of getting anywhere near the barriers! To get my first pictures (above), I had to hold the phone camera high above my head and hope! I then realised that if I was cheeky enough I could join the Press team! I sneaked in and kneeled on the ground between two photographers. I had one small gap and some of my pictures included a photographer's jacket on the left hand side, better than nothing though! A very moving day! Kate is so beautiful, a real lady. Far too many yapping dogs here, probably as many dogs as there were people, if not more!

Kate and William stayed for around 45 minutes in all, which was really lovely for everyone. After they left, the crowds dispersed. I took lots of pictures of the flowers and and tributes and then returned to my car. I photographed a BOC shot of the picture at the top of my blog and tweeted it out – "The Wales Family" retweeted it and so far its had 823 likes and 81 retweets – I think that's a record on my Twitter account! I took nearly 600 pictures on my Canon R5 with the 100-500mm lens and around 130 pictures on my iphone. They have taken all evening to select and edit!!! Good night!


William and Kate leaving
 
 
All pictures below taken after William and Kate left



 

 
Sandringham House

No comments:

Post a Comment