SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 16th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2026!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER SIXTEEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday, 12 August 2026

SHETLAND BIRD NEWS & MORE!

Rare  Bird  Alert  News
MAINLAND
Bluethroat still at Sumburgh Farm.
 
ISLANDS
Common Rosefinch on Isle of Foula.
 
 
The Blue-cheeked Bee-eater remained on North Ronaldsay for an eleventh day but only seen at 8.16am and no further sign for the rest of the day! I really hope its OK and has simply moved on! Where to next I wonder, I'm ready!!! 😉 Fair Isle, Foula or here!

Trying to sleep on the floor on the Northlink ferry simply doesn't work at all. At 6.15am I packed up my sleeping bag and pillow. Put my hair up in the loos ready for work. Went to the restaurant for a full on have everything breakfast as I didn't have any tea last night at all. Ferry arrived at 7.30am, got off by 7.45am. Drove home, dumped gear, had shower and got to work by 8.55am.
 
I don't quite know how I got through the work day, but I did and it was the same thing the week before with my trip to Sanday – its been hard work and I'm looking forward to a "normal" weekend as is my bank balance. I have unpacked this evening, off loaded all the SLR and iphone pictures off onto my iMac ready to sort. Now going to have cheese on toast and go to bed. I will start going through the photos on Thursday evening after work and publish the best of the best. I normally have Friday's off, but in order for me to have Monday and Tuesday off, I volunteered to only take one day annual leave and instead work on Friday. The trip report is all handwritten up whilst I was on North Ronaldsay and I will type this up on Saturday and upload the photos too. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.