Rare Bird Alert News
MAINLAND
Sooty Shearwater flew past The Lookout at Sumburgh Head.
Marsh Warbler at S-shaped pool at Sumburgh Hotel.
Little Stints x 3, Curlew Sandpipers x 3 at Pool of Virkie.
Citrine Wagtail flew to harbour at dusk, Lerwick.
ISLANDS
Pallid Harrier juv. male, Wryneck, Wood Warbler, Quails x 2 on Out Skerries.
Blyth's Reed Warbler still on Isle of Foula.
Subalpine Warbler sp., Barred Warbler in plantation at Skaw, Isle of Whalsay.
Wryneck at Norwick, Unst.
Barred Warbler at Funzie, Isle of Fetlar.
Hairdressers, then lunch in Teamore Cafe and enjoyed their excellent veggie burger in a bun etc and cheesecake to follow with a mug of tea. Raining all day long as forecast. Went to a couple of places to get quotes for a new bathroom and kitchen sink. Visited a gas specialist shop called "Rearo" and bought myself a "Campingaz Camp Bistro 3 Stove, 1 burner, Camping Stove" – something I was going to buy as soon as I moved here for an emergency situation and never got round to it. Also sent off for a Campingaz small kettle from Amazon. So if the electric goes out for any length of time, I will be able to heat something up or make a cup of tea. I'm also stocking up on tins of food, you don't know what's round the corner! Lit the fire this evening – feels like Winter!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.