SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Freezing Conditions!

I walked home from my w.w. meeting this evening and I was frozen. I was wearing my warmest clothes: waterproofs over trousers, walking boots, 2 pairs of socks, thermal top, fleece, gilet, waterproof coat, my fur hat, mittens and I was still so cold. I didn't even really warm up much as a I walked and with the fog and black ice it felt like Siberia!

It does make me worry about our elders, especially those that live alone and don't have anyone to help them with shopping and who are scared of turning up the heating because of worrying about bills. I for one am determined I am not going to give British Gas anymore than I have to this winter. My quarterly bill for October was about £220 for gas and electric, but my recent bill was £358!!! Goodness knows what the next one will be!!! Keeping my room stat on 16˚c and wearing an extra jumper! If that doesn't work I will have to have a boogie round the kitchen to keep warm! Or an even better solution, go to bed early with my three hot bottles! On that note, good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment