SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 4 December 2013

Birding at Work & The Weekend!

I have serious withdrawal symptoms now – having not been birding for what seems like ages. Last weekend I was recovering from the christmas party, so didn't get out at all. This Saturday it will be two weeks since I have been out birding! It's not very 'Hot Birding' on this blog at the moment!

Whilst working in the community today, I managed to get a short birding fix – I was at a care home, where they had several bird feeders in a mature garden surrounded by woodland. I watched Coal Tits, Blue Tits, a Marsh Tit and a Robin come to the feeders, whilst waiting to see my patient. 2 Redwings on the way back to the QEH and also had 2 Mistle Thrushes and a Great Spotted Woodpecker in the hospital grounds near the staff carpark.

Later on at around 3.45pm I had a Merlin swoop across the road at Gayton.

Roll on Saturday – a dawn 'til dusk day and local birding is in order I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment