SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Tuesday 10 December 2013

STOP PRESS! 'BIRDING WORLD' MAGAZINE ENDS!

Very sad news! Just found this out via Facebook and Twitter:

"Each member of the current editorial and administrative team has new horizons in their sights, and so this is the PENULTIMATE ISSUE OF BIRDING WORLD, with issue 324 (Volume 26, Number 12) being our FINAL ISSUE"

Interesting and well-written post here:
http://leicesterllama.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/killed-by-internet.html



Discussion on Birdforum HERE and a reply from Steve G. HERE
"We've not gone bust or anything nasty: I've just been doing it every single month for 27 years and I've reached the age of 60. I plan to travel about birding with Sue in our campervan."

Well Congratulations to Steve and Sue – what would I give, to go off birding in a campervan, sounds absolutely fabulous darlings!!!! Xx

2 comments:

  1. The cat's well and truly out of the bag now then! Yes, tis true, 27 years of computer bashing is enough for anyone. You said you wanted a new career Penny ... here it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear this Sue, really I am. Through working in the print industry for most of my career I can understand the pressures of producing such a magazine on a monthly basis and for so many years! May I congratulate you all for producing this iconic magazine for 27 years!!! Did you consider doing a web version instead? Far too big a job for little 'ol' me to take on Sue! x

    ReplyDelete