SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 30 July 2016

Weekend Update!

I had all kinds of things planned for today, but as often turns out, I didn't have time for everything. My first job this morning involved speaking to Liam, the Apple Engineer again, to fine tune my MacBook Pro and do some final checks and another back-up before I update and install OS X EI Capitan 10.11.6. Jobs around the house and then had to go into town to do some errands for Mother and myself and then did the dreaded supermarket run.

Father had a mild chest infection I was informed last week and was treated with antibiotics – the GP said she could hear a slight crackling on his chest. Father seemed fine when I saw him early this evening. He was quite alert and in a grumpy mood! He was also in an emotional mood and there were tears and requests to go home to his own bed. I had to explain again, why he couldn't go home. When I asked him why he didn't like it here, his reply was 'too many people here', which I can understand, but he will have to get used to it I'm afraid. He said he was hungry and had had no dinner and no tea (which he had I was told). He didn't believe me when I said it was now 7.50pm and said he wanted his breakfast!!! I went up to his room and brought some of his chocolates down for him, which he consumed rapidly and also had a whole beaker of drink with me. Looks like I need to replenish the chocolate supply, its almost gone and also top up the toiletries (you have to buy these yourself) – well father's paying for his toiletries from his bank account – he just doesn't know he is!

Went to visit Mother, which was a bit late in the evening, but needed to drop several things off for her. Helped her sort some paperwork out, said hello to the cat and left to go home. Now about to install OS X EI Capitan – just hope it all goes smoothly and I can use any existing software I currently use! Very scared about doing this, but it makes sense to be up-to-date and the Mac will run better and be more protected security wise. If I don't post tomorrow, you'll know its all gone horribly wrong!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment