NORFOLK BIRD NEWS AND UK MEGA'S POSTED DAILY, PHOTOS, BIRDING AND MORE!

Since 8th September there has been an issue with my link to the FatBirder Website, my ranking is normally No.10! For some unknown reason the F.B website is not recognising my actual daily views, so I'm dropping like a stone on their rankings! BUT in reality I'm not, my Stats for my blog remain the same. Please bear with me until this is sorted! Update 19th September – might be sorted now! Slowing climbing back up - will remove this message when I get back to No.10!



Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07624 800479
Norfolk Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

Tuesday, 4 July 2017

Exciting News! The Norfok Bird & Mammal Reports Are Now Available On-Line to View!!!

1954 to 2002 reports available on-line to view free!
2003 to 2015 copies of the report are available to buy on-line
http://norfolknaturalists.org.uk/wp/publications/bird-and-mammal-report/

An extract in the 1954 report on page 15 reads "...and Peter Clarke ringed forty-five Nightingales and thirty six Red-backed Shrikes, a remarkable achievement......" and "...."There is accommodation at The Hood for two men students from April to October inclusive, at a charge of 4s per day........"

"Scops Owl – A female found exhausted at Horsey on August 27th (DG), died the following day and now in the collection of Norwich Castle Museum...."

"Aquatic Warbler – One trapped and ringed at The Hood, Blakeney Point on August 6th (RAR)"

These old reports make fascinating reading from years gone by – enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment