SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 15 July 2017

FESTIVAL TOO FINALE!!!

Kindly taken with my iphone by Festival Too Chairman Alan Taylor
You can just see me in the bottom left hand corner!


At the last minute, I decided to go into town and see boy band BUSTED, who were the headline act for the final night of Festival Too. I always get lucky with parking and got a space that someone had just vacated in the car park near St Nicholas's church. However, I was not allowed to get into the Festival via that end of the market place for security reasons, so had to run round to the opposite end via MacDonalds to get in!

The market place was packed out solid and I realised that I had no hope of getting where I needed to be in order to get pictures of the group – I should have arrived three hours ago! I headed along the Dukes Head Hotel side of the stage and sneaked past a barrier in order to get a side view, as close to the front as possible – this I achieved, but it was very much a side view and my attempts at photographing band members over tall people and a metal barrier were pretty poor, as you will see below! However, I did get a decent picture of local DJ Mark Stanford. My best footage was videos of the crowd with my iphone.


The crowd were in good spirits and people were jumping up and down, phone lights were flashing – a tremendous atmosphere! Lots of security staff, police and St John Ambulance were in place. I spotted Festival Too Chairman Alan Taylor, who I cheekily asked to climb the stairs up to a vantage point (public not allowed up there) and take a video of the crowd with my iphone, which he kindly did – thanks Alan! I worked with Alan at the Lynn News for seven years, he is now Director of Your Local Paper (link to tonight's festival).


 CHARLIE SIMPSON
B U S T E D


JAMES BOURNE
B U S T E D


DJ – Mark Stanford



No comments:

Post a Comment