SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 27 January 2018

MY BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS!

I really don't know what happened last night, it felt like food poisoning, but it didn't continue today thank goodness. I did get to sleep eventually, but it had drained me completely and I was not able to get up until late morning, which was a wicked waste of my birthday. But, there was nothing I could do about, so tried to make the best of the rest of the day. Atrocious weather with rain and wind.

Dragged myself out of bed, washed hair and tried to make myself look 33, but felt aged 103 today! I had another card in the post today, so that was nice and also a 'Jacquie Lawson e-card' card from one of my blog readers, Terry B – thank you so much! I also received several lovely birthday emails and texts and nearly 80 Facebook messages – thank you all so much!

It was pouring with rain as I made my way to Holme. Picked Lucy, Vivien and mother up and went to Briarfields at Titchwell for my birthday lunch. This was a last minute choice and we had never eaten here before – we were not disappointed! The service was excellent from all waiting staff, who were both polite, professional and aimed to please. Glass bottled water and glasses were promptly brought to our table with seconds of sitting down. I can't remember the exact name of the beautiful pasta dish with sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes, olives etc that we all ordered, but it was divine and was obviously freshly made to order. Garlic bread was not on the menu, but the staff were only too happy to make us some and very good it was too! Mother and Vivien decided not to do dessert, which I think they regretted, but Lucy and I (as always!) excitedly ordered our desserts and both choose the same. The Hazelnut mille-feuille was probably the most exciting dessert I have ever tasted – so many flavours, so much texture and stunningly presented, I couldn't fault it.
Where we sat at Briarfields
Screenshot from their website, but I'm sure they won't mind, being as I'm giving them an excellent review!

Hazelnut mille-feuillechocolate mousse, cherry & praline

BEST DESSERT AWARD 2018!


We could hear clapping every now and again whilst we enjoyed our lunch, so there must have been a wedding or conference going on. Its rare to find a place to eat in Norfolk now, where there are no yapping dogs. It was beautiful, peaceful, private and there were no noisy people – I couldn't have had a better birthday lunch anywhere in Norfolk. Also the open fire and wood burning stoves made it very cosy and I noticed there was a fish pond and fountain in a courtyard on route to the toilets (which were spotless). We all enjoyed the food so much, we made enquiries about Christmas Day lunch!

Nobody wanted to go for a walk, even though there was a break in the rain, so I drove everyone back to Holme, where I opened very generous presents from my mother and sisters. In brief, I was very kindly given money for my new Bosch Microwave I purchased a week ago. In addition I was kindly given a coffee cake, grapes, chocolate mints and some beautiful flowers! The words/poem in my mother's card was so moving, it brought a tear to my eye.
Flowers from Lucy and Ray (Vivien's partner)


THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH
FOR MY LOVELY PRESENTS, CARDS & MESSAGES
FROM FAMILY & FRIENDS XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment