SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 1 January 2018

NEW YEAR'S DAY!

Titchwell RSPB
It's been a long time since I have not been out early on new year's day – I had a terrible night's sleep and so the first day of the new year was not very eventful at all. I eventually made it out before the day finished, well just about!

I counted 11 Marsh Harriers in the roost this evening! Huge flock of Golden Plovers, Lapwings, Shelducks, Teal, Wigeon, Redshanks, Little Grebes x 3 and a big number of Gulls were in the roost.

It was an extremely high tide this evening and tons of Oystercatchers were all along the shoreline. There were lots of gulls on the sea, but I couldn't identify any Long-tailed Ducks in the dusk! The full moon was silhouetted over the freshmarsh as I walked back in darkness. Surprisingly there was another birder also out here at this time and three youngsters were walking out to the beach, as I headed back to the car park.

Visited my mother for a short time and had a cup of coffee with the banana cake I had made last night. Spent the rest of the evening watching the James Bond film "Spectre and then "Noah", the biblical epic starring Russell Crowe.

No comments:

Post a Comment