SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 28 October 2019

SHETLAND – DAY THIRTEEN!

Today was spent having a meeting, doing some research and then shopping in Lerwick. Bought the smallest bag of fudge, made in house at the Shetland Fudge Company and two maps from the Tourist Information Centre. I really fancy listening to some traditional music and found out that 'The Lounge' has live music every Wednesday night, so may go and listen for a while on my last night here. Spent a long time in the Shetland Bookshop and surprisingly came out with nothing, which is probably a good thing as my bags were overweight anyway and adding a book won't help when I depart on Thursday!

Late afternoon I drove to Meal Beach on West Burra – parked up and walked down to the stunning beach as the sun was settting – white sands and dramatic rocks. Sadly I had to leave because of failing light, so am going back tomorrow to see Banna Minn Beach, which is also on West Burra. I don't know if its all the fresh air and wind and rain, but I'm so tired when I get back to my apartment and don't have any energy to sort through pictures. I think its more the driving every day than anything else – you have to concentrate on the roads here, far more than you do in Norfolk!

The time is running out and there is so much more I want to do and see before I go. I put a large amount of money into Premium Bonds when I received my share of the family home – the first draw my bonds go in to is 1st November – maybe, just maybe I might have beginners luck and then I can simply return here permanently!

No comments:

Post a Comment