SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 28 March 2020

LOCKDOWN DAY 5 – COVID-19 – A Day At Home!

Got up at 8am to retrieve my honey and sunflower seed bread that I had put on the timer in my bread maker last night. It was fabulous to walk downstairs to the aroma of cooked bread! Went back to bed as I still felt shattered.

Got up late morning, washed hair etc. Did some washing and general mundane chores. Had eggs, tomatoes, baked beans and toast, whilst watching the birds in the garden. 2 Robins, several Blackbirds, House Sparrows, Hedge Sparrows, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Collared Doves x 2, Wood Pigeons, 1 Sparrowhawk flew over. Later on a black and white cat cheekily landed on the roof of my bird table – it obviously didn't stay long, after I turned into a window banging, screaming maniac!!! I had intended on going for a walk, but it was very cold and to be honest I couldn't be bothered, I didn't feel it was necessary to go out.

Made some phone calls to distant friends to make sure they were ok, fell asleep on the sofa. Cleaned the bird baths out and replenished all the feeders. Ate rubbish snacks, watched the news and then late evening I decided to start cooking! I'm a terrible night owl – I more than often liven up, when everyone else has gone to bed! Part of the reason for wanting to cook, was because I had several dodgy bananas that needed using up, so I cooked a "Brilliant Banana Loaf", drizzled in icing, which turned out far better than expected – I cooked double the recipe and rather than make a loaf, made a huge round cake! Then I cooked a recipe I have made before "Berry-baked Oats with Coconut" which contains a entire tub of Alpro Soya Yoghurt, which needed to be used by today. I then cooked a new recipe "Chickpea and Spinach Curry with Quorn Vegan Pieces" – the curry is for tomorrow and work on Monday. I had to do something with the Quorn pieces as their sell by date was yesterday and there was no way I was going to waste them. I didn't have any spinach so that was substituted by finely cut up broccoli. I was very pleased with all my efforts and that I had not wasted any food.

Coronavirus: Things will get worse, PM warns in letter to Britons

Four more deaths at Norfolk hospitals as national figure rises by 260

Two more patients diagnosed with coronavirus die at QEH

UK's coronavirus death toll leaps by 260 in a single day to hit 1,019

No comments:

Post a Comment