SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 22 March 2020

Tescos for NHS, Mother's Day, Lucy, BBC Look East & Bread Flour Drop Off!

Very, very tired – I was up far too late last night/this morning tweeting!!! Brief Post:

Went to Hardwick Tescos, King's Lynn for the NHS opening time of 9am until 10am. I won't be doing this again, it was crazy, but I did get the last two white bread flours for my friends in Heacham who are elderly and have no bread. No yeast or loo rolls. Huge thank you to Tesco for the beautiful and unexpected bouquet of flowers they gave to every NHS worker this morning – it brought tears to my eyes, as it did several others. Very much appreciated. For some reason I can't email the photo to post on here, emails not sending from iphone – need to sort that tomorrow night.

Happy Mother's Day to My Dearest Mother
up there in the blue skies with the birds
I miss you so much and think of you every single day
💔

Went to Lucy's and dropped her off some requested items and wiped each item over with a Dettol wipe before dropping them into a bag for her. We stood in the car park where she lives, standing a good distance apart and we did an air hug – something I started at work, where you circle your arms around as if going to give someone a hug! I so wanted to hug her, so difficult having to distance yourself from people you love.

Returned home shattered. BBC Look East contacted me and from their message they sent me, obviously liked my posts and thoughts re Covid-19 and asked me if I would like to do a Skype video tomorrow morning!!!! I thanked them, but declined, not my thing! I said I was quite happy if they wanted to link any of my tweets or blog posts on the BBC website though.

Cooked lunch and fell asleep on the sofa. Drove to Heacham to drop the bread flours off and a box of yeast (that was mine), so now M. and E. can make bread! Came back home, cooked tea and fell asleep again! Chatted on the phone to Pete S. who told me he decided to go for a little walk to his nearest beach (he lives in Weybourne) and couldn't even get in the car park – he said he never seen it so heaving with people and cars at this time of the year. I had the same conversation with John F. who said Gramborough Hill at Salthouse was also heaving with people and no one social distancing – people were having picnics in groups, children running round with each other etc etc. What don't people get? From others, it sounded similar all the way along the coast. Selfish, irresponsible and shocking behaviour! We are so going to pay for this!!!

For all those REFUSING to social distance and for those day trippers to Norfolk and second home owners, who have descended upon us, pushing our resources way beyond the limit, please watch the following: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8131269/Fit-healthy-gym-goer-39-struggles-breathe-coronavirus.html

I have read so many posts this evening that are similar to mine on my blog and Twitter, local people in Norfolk are really angry that people are descending on Norfolk for day trips and moving into their second homes – they are so angry, I can't even link what they are saying as there are so many swear words written, far more than mine! Quote "My mind is blown by the selfishness of people" is one of the more polite ones.

There are approximately 859,400 permanent residents living in Norfolk. Let's say that 1% of you need to be hospitalised because of Covid-19? I leave you to do the maths...... they won't all fit into our three hospitals, so very sadly many will die at home. 

Late news from the BBC states "Essential travel does not include visits to second homes, camp sites, caravan parks or similar, whether for isolation purposes or holidays. People should remain in their primary residence."
  • STAY AT HOME AT YOUR MAIN RESIDENCE AND WHERE YOUR GP IS REGISTERED
  • DO NOT TRAVEL UNNECESSARILY
  • DO TAKE DAY TRIPS TO OTHER PLACES AND SPREAD THE VIRUS TO OTHERS, YOU DON'T KNOW IF YOU HAVE IT OR NOT......YET!
  • WE HAVE ONE CHANCE TO GET THIS RIGHT!
  • PRAYING THAT BORIS WILL DO A SERIOUS LOCKDOWN TOMORROW
  • SCARED ABOUT GOING TO WORK TOMORROW
#STAYATHOME

No comments:

Post a Comment