SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 1 May 2023

Departing Norfolk & Heading North!

SUNDAY 30th APRIL

In brief, today's schedule was abolished! It took far longer to complete my house, with cleaning, last of sorting and making sure the house was left in a state that I would want to see as a buyer.

Got the car washed at Tesco Hardwick, an hour and a half wait! I decided that whatever time I left today, the main objective was to catch the ferry on Monday evening. Went to get a roast lunch in Dobbies and had an argument with a very rude lady serving, who would not sell me roast potatoes and yorkshire pudding with the veggie quiche, so I walked out! Got some boring sandwiches from Tescos and Red Bull (seem to be drinking far too much of this) and a couple of egg custard tarts. Bumped into Hilary!!!!! Another final lovely hug with one of my favourite people! Sat outside on a bench having lunch.

Collected shiny new car and headed for home. More sorting at home, took some videos of house. Read all metres, turned off heating, electric etc. Packed the car like a jigsaw, lucky it all fitted in. Gave Roger and Georgie (neighbours some goodies I couldn't take). Finally left at 6pm (when I had planned to arrive at my B&B in Dunbar). Visited Lucy for the last time with card, flowers and cake and then dropped my keys in estate agents door.

Then, fun and games commenced. Someone didn't want me to go north obviously! Turned on the car ignition "key fob battery needs changing". Fine, I was caught out with this once before, so no issue. Searched for 'new Duracell '2025' batteries in back of car – put in, didn't work, same message – I did this three bl**dy times! Stressed now was an understatement. Long story short, my local Londis shop in Wootton Road saved the day with 'new' batteries. Car working, left King's Lynn at 6.45pm and arrived at B&B in Dunbar at 1.10am!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Penny, unbelievable. You got there in one piece, eventually. You're starting an amazing new chapter in your life. Enjoy! Take it easy. Julie

    ReplyDelete