SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 1 May 2023

Dunbar to Aberdeen!

  
View from my B&B in Dunbar this morning

 

Lovely breakfast at my B&B, beautiful sunny morning. Heading to Aberdeen shortly for 7pm ferry, where I need to fill up with petrol to the brim, as a lovely birder on Twitter informed me there is a shortage of petrol on Shetland right now, don't know what is going on there?!

Due to chronic fatigue from sea sickness tablets the last time in October 2021, I will not be taking them to the last minute (should have taken them last night), so will probably be feeling sick later on! Oh well!

The bird news may be late again and bare in mind my TalkTalk Internet may not go live on 2nd May when I arrive, fingers crossed.

Left Dunbar at just after 11am and with rest stops, arrived at Aberdeen at 3.35pm. Filled up with petrol and made my way to the ferry terminal. In the queue, Shetland birder Andrew Harrop kindly introduced himself. Because I was amongst the earliest arrivals, I was on the lower deck of the ferry, which meant there were were even more stairs to climb with luggage than normal!

Had a fabulous fish 'n' chip tea with Black Forest Gateux and a cup of tea. Retired to my cabin straight away, quick shower and was asleep by early evening! The calmest ferry crossing I've ever encountered!

HUGE THANKS TO ALL MESSAGES RECEIVED VIA SOCIAL MEDIA AND TEXTS ETC. APOLOGIES I HAVE NOT HAD TIME TO REPLY PERSONALLY YET!

No comments:

Post a Comment