SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 29 September 2010

Freaky Day - Memories from my teenage years!!!

Someone posted a comment on my blog today http://pennyshotbirdingandlife.blogspot.com/2010/09/hundreds-of-birdwatchers-flock-to.html?showComment=1285758416159#c2195433696838773382 and added that 'they have one of my painted stones'. As a teenager I painted pictures of birds on stones with acrylic paints and then varnished them - I sold them in the shop at Holme Bird Observatory where you also bought in those days: books, both new and second-hand, binoculars, NOA pens, badges (still have my enamel NOA badge), greeting cards by Richard Richardson, prints by RAR, mugs, bookmarks, the list goes on..... Anyway, today I met someone I know (sadly in unfortunate circumstances in the hospital - can't say any more than that for confidentiality reasons) who ALSO said today that they have one of my painted stones with a Great Grey Shrike on which of course is the emblem of the NOA!!!!! How odd that two people from the past should mention my painted stones on the same day!!!!!!!!!

I wish I had the time to take up my painting again. I also sold several bird paintings as a teenager (pre age 16 and before going to Great Yarmouth College of Art and Design) including several of the Black Winged Stilts when they arrived/bred at Holme. I would dearly love to know where these paintings are now!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, that is amazing! Maybe it's a 'sign'...you need to change your direction in life?

    ReplyDelete