SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 21 August 2011

BIRD FAIR - DAY THREE

Another fabulous hot and sunny day at the Bird Fair with Eddie.

Queued up at the Carl Zeiss Stand for Simon King to sign last year's Bird Fair tea-shirt and was spotted by Charlie Moore's (Digital Spring/Bird Fair TV) who asked if he could film me with Simon when I got my tea-shirt signed. I asked Simon to write "For Penny, One of my biggest FANS!!!!! Peace and Light, Simon King xxx" and he added a heart!!!!! Simon wrote on the teashirt with silver pen - I don't know if I dare ever wash it!!!

Took loads of pictures today of exhibitor stands, more celebrities and birders. Eddie went off and did his own thing as was not as interested as me in the following!!! After not being able to get anywhere near the event marquee for Simon King's Lecture yesterday, I was determined to get in there today, so went to the event before, which was Johnny Kingdom's. I really enjoyed listening to him and he really made the audience laugh, especially with the video he showed which featured him filming a hare. The hare was completely overshadowed by a bull, which suddenly appeared from nowhere and was much too close for comfort and Johnny's commentary throughout had everyone in stitches! I was sitting about half way to the front at this lecture and moved again nearer to the front when I spotted a single seat. As people left at the end of the lecture, a couple started to get up from the front row - its amazing how quickly you can move when you want to!!!!!! Within seconds I was sitting in the middle of the front row, ready to listen to Simon King!!! Another lady, incidentally called Penny also did the same as me and moved to sit in the seat next to me (nice to meet you). Simon entertained the audience as always.

Lunch in the food marquee with Eddie. Clive Byers joined us as well and entertained us with fascinating stories including one about thousands upon thousands of Pacific Swifts that he had watched.... can't remember where now though (please email me details Clive, if you are reading this, thanks).

Spent most of the afternoon photographing exhibitor stands. Went to David Lindo's first Bird Fair lecture in the afternoon. He was a good speaker and made the talk both interesting and entertaining.

The Art Marquee was as usual full of stunning art works.

I did not bump into Steve Kirk or Andy again today - where were you!? I also realised I had not seen Lee Evans at all this year - usually a familiar face a Bird Fair.

For the first time this year, I did not buy a single book!!!! In fact I only bought two items, a "LensPen kit" from Park Cameras (very innovative and works well) and a fancy binocular strap which I now regret buying! I wanted to buy David Lindo's new book, but couldn't find a signed copy.

Photographed the now famous Bird Fair Mural at the end of the day.


PICTURES TO BE ADDED

Simon King and Me!!!!!

Simon King talks to Charlie from Digital Spring on Vimeo.


2 comments:

  1. Hurry up with the pics, I want to see how well I captured those three smiles!
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the picture! Will be a while with photos yet as run out of space on MacBook - sorting out soon!!!

    ReplyDelete