SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Nine day's to the Rutland Bird Fair!!!!

So looking forward to the Bird Fair! — http://www.birdfair.org.uk/

I will be going on the Friday and Saturday. Its a fantastic buzz - bumping into people you haven't seen for a while, seeing all the exciting new things on offer, amazing artworks, watching artists at work on the now famous bird fair mural throughout the three day event, listening to entertaining lectures and 'Just a Linnet' and 'Bird Brain of Britain', a good range of food on offer, bar, live music, dancing (if you feel like it!), the Auction, and one of my favourite pastimes at Bird Fair, photographing the celebs! For those of you who did not go last year - the main lecture marque is now completely transformed, masses bigger, stage, the works, see my pics here from last year and also there is now Birdfair TV.

Last year I won a wildlife walk and lunch with Simon King along with five others, courtesy of Birdforum and Carl Zeiss - which was an amazing experience I will never forget. This year my moment with Simon will be the usual queueing up for a signed photo card.....unless of course Simon is reading this and would like to meet for lunch?....... in your dreams Penny...... wake up!!! Seriously now, this year I will be having lunch with someone very special on the Friday. Hmmm...... checking diary....I may be able to do lunch on Saturday though Simon?

I am still looking to complete my signatures I have been collecting for my "Blokes and Birds" book by Stephen Moss.
Signatures still needed for: Bill Oddie, Carl Buttle, Tim Cleeves, Simon Cox, Chris Harbard, Andy Jarrett, Justin Lansdell (can't believe I havn't got yours yet!), Tony Marr, Neil McKillop, Derek Moore, Neil Morris, Dave Nurney, Martin Palmer, Tony Smith, Brian Unwin, Chris Watson and Robbie Williams. Anyone that can help me out with meeting up with any of the above to sign my book, I would be very grateful.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!!!

2 comments:

  1. Penny

    You forgot to add my name to that list of blokes!!!
    LOL :-)
    Have a great time at the 'fair, really looking forward to reading all about it.

    Malc
    x

    ReplyDelete