SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 7 August 2011

I don't know quite how I went to work today, but I did and just prayed for the end of the day. My throat is so swollen and sore that I have hardly been able to eat. Every mouthful of food is crippling to eat. Ears and glands agony. Not slept for two nights properly. I couldn't even swallow my own saliva this evening, the pain was that bad!! Went to emergency GP this evening who diagnosed me as having tonsillitis and prescribed penicillin and codine to take along with paracetemol and iboprofen. I was told to rest and drink tepid water. Does that mean I am supposed to take time off work? See I feel in the morning.

3 comments:

  1. Penny

    Sorry to read your not well.
    Do EXACTLY what the sawbones said and even if a Red-necked Stint drops in at Sheringham tomorrow, you MUST not go out.ok?
    Well ok you can go, but only to get a couple of pics then!! LOL!!!
    Take care.
    Malc
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Malc!

    I couldn't go out, even if I wanted to. I am just praying nothing 'rare' turns up until I am better/back to work! Its a good job its not October!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon Penny. I seem to be stuck inside so much your reports of whats happening outdoors are my only fresh air.

    ReplyDelete