SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 20 August 2011

BIRD FAIR - DAY TWO

Fabulous day at the Bird Fair with Eddie M.

I am glad I went birding yesterday, but I seriously regret missing "Just a Linnet" yesterday as it was absolutely hilarious last year!

Arrived on site at 9am.

Spent a long time in the optics marquee chatting to various people including Paul Hackett (nice to see you) and Paul Lee (nice to meet you) who sells the Scopac's (tripod carrying system) see website/info HERE. Walked into Marquee 7 to check out Wildlife Whisperer stand/Simon King and there was the man himself!!!! Simon very sweetly gave me a hug and two kisses!!!!!!!! I was now in a silly, giggly state! Simon said he was now signing photocards at the Carl Zeiss stand so I nipped across and was almost first in the queue! Had my yearly photo taken with Simon by Eddie which was very sweet - thanks x. Loads of good freebies acquired! Managed to squeeze several free lens cloths from the main optical exhibitors including my best freebie yet - a stunning, Swarosvski Bird of Paradise crystal and silver brooch!!!!! I wore this on Sunday (on pink top on video)! Saw several Norfolk birders including Chris and Jacki Mills (Norfolk Birding), Pete Dolton, Oscar (what a character!), Justin and Chris Lansdell, Andy Wilkinson, Pat Dwyer, Irene and Tim Loseby on the Fair Isle Stand, Brian Bland, Richard Porter etc etc. Lovely to see Steve Kirk and Andy Bright from Birdforum!!! Got some cool photos of Steve! A really good social event today!

Took pictures of Simon King with me as usual;), Bill Oddie, Nick Baker, David Lindo, Johnny Kingdom, Keith Betton, Tim Appleton, Derek Moore, Dominic Couzens, Clive Byers, Charlie Moores, Alan Davies & Ruth Miller, Paul Hackett, Digital Spring crew, Robert Gillmor, Steve Kirk and Andy Bright (BIRDFORUM Chiefs!), BF's Adrian (who recommended my Canon 300 f4 lens to me), Justin and Chris Lansdell, Andy Wilkinson (my long distance twitching crew!), Eddie Myers, etc etc and loads of other pictures.

A massive arty farty Osprey in flight made out of bags was in place adjacent to the Art Marquee.

Had a lovely lunch in the Food Marquee with Eddie. Managed to see all stands by the end of the day, just!

I went to Simon King's Lecture, but after seeing a seriously massive queue to get in the events marquee - I walked away - even I'm not that mad!!! Will try again tomorrow.

Lovely sunny weather, going again tomorrow!!!! See videos of yesterday and today here: http://www.birdfair.org.uk/birdfair-tv/#all


PICTURES TO BE ADDED

2 comments:

  1. Hi Penny,
    I'm trying to contact Pat Dwyer, if the guy you know is the guy I'm after, please ask him to contact me at andyadcock@ntlworld.com.

    We met in India some years ago but have lost contact.


    Cheers, Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andy, I have passed your contact details onto Pat for you via email, so hopefully he will be in touch.

    Best Wishes Penny

    ReplyDelete