SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Tuesday 26 August 2014

Snettisham Coastal Park!

Snettisham Coastal Park

Ok, so I gave in and went birding! Closest, decent place to me on the coast is Snettisham Coastal Park so that's were I spent an hour and a half this evening. One Wheatear feeding on the large expanse of short turf, a few magpies and nothing else in the scrub at all – not a single bird. A flock of Sanderling with one Turnstone flew west along the tide and gulls flew across the setting sun – that's it!

Tons of dog crap, every few yards (holiday season). People can afford the holiday, but can't afford a little plastic bag. Mind you some can afford the little bag, but couldn't possibly put it in their car, so hang it in a bush for...... yes, I wonder who they think is going to pick it up.... answer: no one, and there it hangs for ever more, adorning our splendid countryside (that was). Can you tell that I'm tired and ratty?!!! Another rant from me!!!

It was disappointing not to find anything more than the Wheatear, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Lovely sunset walking back along the sea wall.

Sunset at Snettisham Coastal Park

1 comment:

  1. Penny: I whole-heartedly agree!
    The only people I met at Buckenham yesterday were five dog-walkers with FIFTEEN dogs between them (and no plastic bags in sight!)

    ReplyDelete