SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 28 December 2019

Blue-headed Eastern Yellow Wagtail – Take Two!

BLUE-HEADED EASTERN YELLOW WAGTAIL
SEDGEFORD


The weather was slightly better than Boxing Day, but still no sun. I was surprised at how many people were there when I arrived this morning and because of this I was never going to get mint pictures at the distance we were all viewing from – not with a 300mm lens anyway! The Blue-headed Eastern Yellow Wagtail showed well for everyone. Other birds seen: Red Kite, Common Buzzard, House Sparrows, Hedge Sparrows, Wren, Blue Tit, Chaffinches, Robin, Pied Wagtails.


It was nice to bump into some familiar faces including Marilyn F., whom I havn't seen for a while, also Barry W., Ray R. and Richard C. amongst others. Returned to my car for lunch and then went back with my scope to take some phone scope video. Left late afternoon and headed home via Fring and Shernborne.

5,000+ Pink-footed Geese at Shernborne


Stopped at Shernborne to watch thousands of Pink-footed Geese feeding in a stubble field – there must have been at least 5,000 – it was an amazing sight! I managed to find a single Black Brant amongst the geese, but nothing else of note. My phone scope kit played up and is now out of sync, so sadly couldn't take any scope videos of the geese. Update: Black Brant was a Grey-bellied Brant – see post on 29th.

No comments:

Post a Comment