SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 22 December 2019

Christmas Lunch at Castle Rising Tea Rooms!


Early yesterday morning I did a big Christmas shop in Sainsbury's and then fell asleep all afternoon, as I was exhausted. Can't wait for my Christmas break! Working all Christmas Eve and then have Christmas Day, Boxing Day, Friday, Saturday and Sunday off!

Vivien, Ray, Lucy and I had a Christmas Lunch (pre-booked) at Castle Rising Tea Rooms today. Its the only time we will all get together over the Christmas period. Our table was booked for 12.30pm and we had a large round table in a corner. It was a really lovely meal and a bargain at £24.95 for three courses. The decorations on our table were really pretty with crackers, candles, a little Christmas tree and the service was excellent.

We spent the rest of the afternoon at my house. Ray and Vivien left around 6.30pm and I took Lucy back home. I spent the evening making royal icing and decorating my Christmas cake, which I made about a week ago and covered in marzipan yesterday. My creative decorations all look lovely with two tall trees, Bambi deer with little Robins sitting on back (was a tree dec.), Snowy Owl perched overlooking a pond with two tiny penguins, a rabbit, snowman, father Christmas and holly, BUT the height of the trees means I can't put the cake cover over!!! I will post some pictures, once its all set properly – far too risky moving it around to take arty farty pictures, as the icing is far from set!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you need a model lumberjack with a chainsaw on your cake! Are you watching Island Medics on the telly as well? Happy Xmas Penny, here's to a better year next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue - I don't get comments linked into emails anymore, so unless I look into the comments section in settings on blog I don't see any,so sorry for late reply. What station is Island Medics on please? (I don't have Sky). Yes next year has to be better for both of us Sue x

      Delete