SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 24 June 2020

LOCKDOWN DAY 91 – COVID-19

TUESDAY 23rd JUNE 

Before the heat hit, I went for a half an hour walk at Snettisham Coastal Park this morning. Saw and heard three Turtle Doves, which were my first this year – lovely to hear them purring away to each other. I was startled when I heard horses neighing and walking further on, I could see that there were four big traveller/gypsy caravans parked up in the car park and several horses were tethered up – I don't think they are supposed to be there, I'm sure someone official knows! Also saw a pair of Bullfinches fly across my path, heard Blackcaps, Whitethroats and Cetti's Warblers singing. I sat on the sea wall for a short while and watched large flocks of Oystercathcers flying west, along with Sandwich Terns, Black-headed Gulls, Cormorants, a Fulmar and a Seal bobbing in the waves. It was lovely, but far too hot and left to return home.

I have a serious rat situation in my garden again, far worse than earlier in the year and I have had no choice but to remove all my bird feeders and empty all my bird ponds yesterday – this is utterly heart breaking to have to do, but I have no choice. I may need to call in some professional help to sort this. I have never had to experience anything like this before – its out of control. My usual bird visitors to the garden looked in disbelief when they all arrived at where their usual feeders would be. Its got so bad that some of the rats have literally been chasing the birds away, so they could dominate the feeders and even kicked the Starlings off!!! I can't leave the patio door open, not even a inch and certainly can't sit outside in the patio, I can't believe this is happening. I have heard that rats are extra bad this year, that's an understatement. I also know that one of my work colleagues who lives on the same estate as me, said one of her neighbours had to call in someone as she had the same problem.

On Monday I requested and had another GP telephone appointment with my favourite doctor (never met the last one before, who thought I had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) and discussed my situation and a new path is now being taken, as neither of us thought I had CFS, so at least I can move forward now and hopefully get back to work as soon as possible, when I'm feeling a bit more normal!

The areas with the highest and lowest number of coronavirus deaths

Prime minister encourages people to take staycation in Norfolk

Holidays and two households meeting indoors - what do the new lockdown rules mean?

Lockdown latest - which businesses must stay closed?

Coastguard called after people become cut off by the tide at Scolt Head

Norfolk braced for heatwave with temperatures set to top 30C

Owner’s plea for help tracking down ‘escapologist’ parrot

Lockdown to be relaxed in England as 2m rule eased

Daily Downing Street press conference scrapped

Coronavirus: Warning thousands could be left with lung damage

No comments:

Post a Comment