SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 24 December 2023

MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I hope you all have a lovely time with your families. It can be a difficult time of year for many, but remember whoever is not with you, is with you in spirit. 💞 Always. Try and remember those many happy Christmases with your loved ones over the years. I fondly recall my father making my sisters and I bespoke Christmas hats and they were brilliantly made, from coloured card and tinsel tassels etc! Cycling up to watch the Christmas Swim in Hunstanton, whilst my dear mother cooked our scrumptious Christmas lunch and in the afternoon walking around the village with our new hats and gloves etc! How different it was in those days. We always had an orange wrapped up in our Santa Sacks, I wonder what children would make of that today!

For those of you on your own, make sure you cook something nice and get some fresh air if you can and watch the birds in your garden, maybe do a Christmas Day Bird List?! One of the advantages of being on your own, is you haven't got the huge stress of cooking for goodness knows how many people! I know some people like doing this, but many don't!

Lucy, Vivien, Ray and I are doing a Christmas ZOOM at 11am!

I want to say a special thank you to all the Shetland birders here, who have made me so welcome since I moved here in May and to all the lovely staff at the Gilbert Bain Hospital, who also have been so kind and welcoming. Also a huge thank you to many friends who have supported me since moving here with all kinds of sensible advice!

If any of my patients are reading this, both past and present, a special message to you all, look after yourselves, stay safe, don't rush and a Happy Christmas to you all 💖

🎄 ⛄ 🎄

2 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas Penny, lass....
    Hope you feel much better this morning....
    Here is the French end of year/ beginning of New Year bleating....
    sorry, greeting!!

    Bonne Année, Bonne Santé et Meilleurs Voeux.... surtout Bonne Santé!!

    Hope you have a good Zoom with the family and get to see something special to round the Old Year out in style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you Penny, it will seem very strange being away from family on Christmas Day but it will get easier. Take care and enjoy

    ReplyDelete