SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 18 April 2024

SHETLAND BIRD NEWS & MORE!

Rare  Bird  Alert  News 
Hawfinch fem. in garden (mine) at Scalloway. Quail in garden at Weisdale. Hen Harrier at Loch of Spiggie. Black Redstart on Fair Isle.
 

I couldn't believe my eyes when I checked my front garden and feeders this morning before work. In the first few seconds I peered out of the front door, there was nothing, seconds later several birds flew down from the trees opposite, including a chunky Hawfinch! A female this time, landing on the ground to feed for seconds only and then flew back to the tall trees opposite my house. Again, no time for a photo, plus I needed to get to work. My feeding station is paying off big time. I have a good quality bird seed I purchased from Copdock Mill via Amazon, sunflower hearts, niger seed, meal worms, dried sultanas, fat balls from 'Peckish', berry flavour and mealworm suet blocks and RSPB peanuts.

This evening I put together my Flymo H400 Push Powered Cylinder Lawn Mower – it wasn't easy at all, but I got there in the end – itching to use this and the grass needs its first cut, but its too wet at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment