SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 20 April 2024

SKODA Fabia 1.0 TSI Monte Carlo (95PS) Estate!

Friday 19th April

Today my new (2020 model) car was delivered to the freight terminal at Lerwick – very easy to spot as its Rallye Green, the same as my last car. I picked the car up mid morning in very cold north west winds and returned home. So nice to have a car again, but my accident in January has made me feel nervous.

Several issues with the car, which I have had to email Trust Ford about – should get some answers tomorrow. Ford only just found out yesterday that the car was exempt from tax, as it was registered to a disabled person and they realised they had to sort this out, rather than me. You have to pay £25.00 to change it back to a taxable car, which they are paying for. The valet wasn't a valet and the bodyshop work on the scratches looked like it had been penned in with a green felt pen and didn't look much different from when I saw it. I was told it had Sat Nav, it hasn't. I paid for £50 of fuel to put in, it hasn't, probably half that at a guess. Both key fobs said the battery needed changing. On the new MOT it was flagged up as an advisory that the back window wiper blade needed changing, which Ford said they would pay for when I ordered it – they sent me the link to the Skoda shop website, which I ordered and paid for last night and then 5 minutes afterwards, I had an email from Skoda saying they would have to reimburse me, as they don't deliver to Shetland!

I spent two hours cleaning inside the car as it was hailing around me! My rubber mats from old hatchback car all fitted nicely, but I had to buy a new rubber boot mat (ordered from Skoda whilst in Aberdeen and delivered to Ford for me). Replaced the key fob batteries. Loaded the car up with the usual stuff and all looking good for a trip out at last! The seats are far more comfortable than my last SE L version and there is handy pull down draw to put your sunglasses in above the central console. No armrest though with storage area underneath as I had in my last car. Fabulous to have a bigger boot!

1 comment: