SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 15 January 2021

Covid-19 – Day 13!!!

Last night, I managed to get to sleep eventually without taking any sleeping tablets. I woke up at around 10am and still felt tired, so went back to sleep again and got up around lunchtime. This virus makes you insanely fatigued. I had just finished some marmalade on toast (brunch) when my team lead rang to ask how I was. The good news is that this is the second day I have not had a temperature, but still have the tickly and slightly sore throat and also my lips feel like they are going to blister, they feel so sore!

Late afternoon, around 3.45pm, I decided to get in the car for the first time since Sunday 3rd January. Its the longest my car has not been driven and I fully expected the battery to be flat. As soon as I turned the engine on, a message flashed up that the battery was low. The car probably needs a good run to fire the battery up, but I just needed to go to the chemist to pick up another prescription. On route home I decided I would buy fish 'n' chips and deliberately went to the furthest away fish 'n' chip shop to give the car battery a boost. Returned home and sadly didn't enjoy my meal at all – the fish and the chips tasted really odd, bascially because my taste and smell have not returned yet.

Lots of birds in the garden again, but they all vanished suddenly mid afternoon, when an unknown chunky black cat with green/blue eyes appeared next to the bird feeders – it duly shot over the fence after I rattled on the window! Snow forecast for tomorrow I see and then sunny on Sunday.

Sending love and hugs to all my colleagues and everyone working at the QEH, who I know are struggling to keep their heads above water and to all my colleagues who are also off work with this wicked virus – hope you all feel better soon 💙 💙 💙

1 comment:

  1. Hi Penny - You have all the ailments when I had covid, looks like you have turned the corner - it will get better day by day.

    ReplyDelete