SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 10 January 2021

Covid-19 – Day 8!!!

Another night of bad sleep, but had a few more hours than the previous night. Felt very weak today. Marched up and down the front path quite a few times, so boring, but can't be breaking rules and walking down the road. The Blackbirds had to wait longer than they usually do for their dried fruit, but they got some in the end. Kept falling asleep on the sofa.

I made the effort to make Pear and Ginger Crumble today – I really regretted doing this for a couple of reasons – the recipe did not work out at all and the entire thing exhausted me. The recipe told you to cook the crumble first on a baking tray for 15 minutes – after 8 minutes the crumble was very dark all around the edges, so those sections had to be binned! Too much liquid in the cooled fruit. It was edible, but too sweet and was glad nobody was eating it but me! I've cooked several crumble dishes over the years and this one was made differently and I thought it would make a change – stick to what you know!

My temperature rose again mid/late evening, not to anything seriously high, but enough to make me feel crap. Skin still sore. So fed up with this now and I'm going stir crazy, having to stay in the house.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing really well - don’t be so hard on yourself! Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete