SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 24 January 2021

Covid-19 – Day 22!!!

I know this sounds crazy, but I woke up at 2.30pm! The Naproxen tablets still haven't made any difference to my 'Costochondritis' – hopefully the pain will disappear soon. I really don't know how I'm going to have the strength to get up in the dark for work on Wednesday!

Had a shower, washed hair. Put some of my fruit cake out for the Blackbirds and Robins and had a new visitor to my garden! A Song Thrush appeared and was soon gobbling up pieces of brandy fruit cake – that will keep it warm later! Its ages since I last saw a Song Thrush, a lovely surprise. Drove into town to collect something ordered from M&S and then walked all around the town via the quayside in semi darkness to get some exercise. Saw a Cormorant, Pied Wagtail, Blackbird and a few Mallards.

I heard some very sad news today via the Norfolk Link Magazine, which is emailed to me, Clifford Rumbellow husband of Pauline passed away on 3rd January aged 80 years. They live in Holme, only a few doors away from what was our family home. Both Pauline and Clifford have always been extremely supportive to all our family, especially when my mother was poorly. They have lived in their cottage since before my family moved into Holme, one of the few original locals left in the village. Such sad news. My sincerest condolences to Pauline and to her son Paul (who I went to school with) xxx.

Rest In peace Clifford 🕊

No comments:

Post a Comment