SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 25 January 2021

Covid-19 – Day 23!!!

I had a lovely phone call from Sarah B (who I work with and Sarah works part-time too) at 11.20am to ask if I wanted to go for a socially distanced walk with her and her little boy – I had to explain that I was still in bed!!! Even after that I closed my eyes again and woke up at 1pm, I know its sounds like I'm the laziest person ever, but seriously its only the Covid that has made me want to sleep so much! The Naproxen tablets still haven't made any difference to my 'Costochondritis' pain – I have no idea why!

Had brunch: poached eggs and baked beans on granary toast, whilst watching all the birds in the garden. My Blackbirds were not happy with me, having to wait for so long for their dried fruit top up! Every day I put the dried fruit out, a tame female Blackbird always dives in first, seconds after I have sprinkled them on the table! I didn't see the Song Thrush today.

This afternoon I went for a walk in a different little spot, where there are flooded fields and saw 55 Curlews, lots of Black-headed Gulls, 2 Redshanks, 1 Snipe, 1 Heron, Pheasants, Robin and a Blue Tit. It was nice to go somewhere different for a change. One day left, then I'm back at work on my birthday! I better have a practice run and get up at 7am tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. At least you have come out the other side of it Penny. Take care and thank you for keeping your Blog going. Be careful Regards Christopher

    ReplyDelete