SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 8 November 2010

Pallas's Warbler in 'Birding World'

Steve Gantlett asked me if he could use my Pallas's Warbler picture (that I took on 12th October) in this months BIRDING WORLD. Have not seen it yet - looking forward to receiving my copy.

http://pennyshotbirdingandlife.blogspot.com/2010/10/pallass-warblers.html

Received Birding World on Wednesday (thanks Sue).

7 comments:

  1. Fear not Penny, it'll be on it's way to you shortly...do we have your mailing address? It's me who sends them out you see, and I don't have access to the subscriber database but if you want to email it to me I can whack it off to you today,
    best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb photo Penny, no wonder they want to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always nice to see a photo with a sense of 'art' about it; well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pic Penny - it shows ALL the features of the bird - head pattern, wing pattern and that lovely yellow rump; getting all three features in one shot is nigh on impossible to do most of the time on these birds! Hopefully we'll be seeing more of your pix in Birding World.

    Cheers

    Hugh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Penny ~ great photo in this month's magazine. Your Dad showed me my first Pallas' on 16th October 1982 at HBO ~ there were two there that day!! Fabulous little birds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all very much for your kind words. I look forward to seeing the magazine myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Received Birding World yesterday (thanks Sue). Although I have had two bird pictures published before, they were in newsprint, so this is my first published picture in a glossy magazine, has certainly lifted my spirits!

    ReplyDelete