SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Monday 10 October 2016

Hardwick Cemetery & Thornham Point!

Hardwick Cemetery in King's Lynn looked potentially brilliant for migrants – with mature trees of all kinds, including massive sycamores, firs, pines, hollies etc. The ONLY bird I could find in here was a Goldcrest! Not a blackbird, robin or anything – quite shocking really. A squirrel ran across one of the paths with a large conker – that was the most excitement I had!

Thornham Point produced nothing of note – I could not relocate the Siberian Stonechat. Walked back via the beach – it was a fabulous evening and I took some funky sky pictures.

I was excited when I found a Leucistic Starling right at the back of the freshmarsh at Titchwell RSPB on route back with only my bins to hand. I presume this is the same bird that Robert Smith put on Twitter yesterday, which has been around at Holme this week. I later found out from various people on Twitter, that this bird has been around since May! First time I have seen it or knew about it. I tend to bird alone and I'm not in any 'clicks', so wouldn't know about it unless I found it myself!

Visited my Mother again to help with some chores and drop some shopping in. Early night, big day tomorrow! Siberian Robin? Siberian Rubythroat?

No comments:

Post a Comment