SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Saturday 15 October 2016

Snettisham Coastal Park!

I was beyond exhausted this morning, even though I wanted to be out birding from dawn 'til dusk! I only managed to get some birding done locally at Snettisham Coastal Park. This was a poor show compared to the volume of birds at Spurn yesterday. I was surprised I couldn't find more than a few Robins, a couple of Chiffchaffs, a single Goldcrest, Linnets, Blackbirds, Redwings, Fieldfares, Song Thrushes and Magpies. I fully expected to find a Siberian Accentor in the same good spot where a Little Bunting was last year – I was highly disappointed!

Visited my Father this evening who seemed overjoyed to see me when I gave him a big hug and a kiss. I had a long chat with him about all the birds in the UK. He was in a right state when I first arrived and was repeatedly asking to go to bed before he knew I was there. When I asked him later why and was it because he was bored, or uncomfortable in the chair, he replied 'both'. Also, when I asked him what time he thought it was, he replied '11pm' – 'its 5.45pm' I told him and he seemed surprised. 'It's not time for bed yet' I stated! He settled once he saw me.

Went to Sainsbury's to buy some items for mother and went to visit her for the rest of the evening and showed her my twitcher's in the queue video from yesterday and the couple of pictures that I have edited so far from the couple of thousand plus I took of the Siberian Accentor. The cat was snuggled up on one of her many beds around the house. I headed for home, still feeling shattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment