SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 19 October 2016

Wells Woods!

Tuesday 18th October
No sign of the Olive-backed Pipits or anything else much really. The only surprise I had was bumping into Pete S. and Graham R. who joined me in search of birds. The highlight was watching a Grey Wagtail flitting around the puddles by the seat along the main path. Other than that, I saw a few Goldcrests, Song Thrush, Redwings, Blackbirds, Robins, Wrens, Blue Tit, Long-tailed Tits, Chaffinch and Goldfinches. Nothing by the drinking pool area at all – devoid of birds here. The fungi was fascinating in this area and I took a few pictures of a icy green one on a birch tree.

Huge thanks to John G et al for giving me the rest of their parking ticket at Wells. I also searched the sea buckthorn/scrub around the lifeboat station, but only found a Blackbird and 2 Pied Wagtails.

Considering I've nearly had two weeks off work, I haven't seen that much at all in Norfolk yet! I could have done, but went off to find my own birds most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment