SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 17 December 2017

Birding at Sandringham & Decorating Mother's Tree!

SATURDAY EVENING
Note to self: Don't drink to much brandy and babycham that you dance like a 18 year old and wake up with lots of aching bones and muscles! I could hardly move when I woke up this morning – took a while to get out of bed! My dodgy shoulder is even more dodgy than normal now – this is what happens under the influence of alcohol when your brain forgets how old you are! I have just added a hilarious video to yesterday's post, that my friend Bev took of me dancing – so funny! I eventually got out of bed – very frosty morning here. Had brunch and dozed on the sofa for a while.

I then left the house and went to Sandringham Saw Mill and choose a Christmas tree for my Mother – a Nordman Fir (which Lily at work said is the best one for needles not dropping). Choosing a tree was very simple as they only had three Nordman Firs left – with tree in car, I headed for the bird table at Sandringham and sat and watched a good number of birds here including: Great Tits, Blue Tits, Coal Tits, Marsh Tit, Robins, Blackbirds, Wren, Woodpigeons and a Pheasant. I then headed to the Wolferton Triangle to look for the Golden Pheasant, but no luck with that – I hope its still alive!
Mother's Christmas Tree


Headed to Holme and unloaded the tree. Putting the tree up in the stand we bought last year was very stressful indeed. It took a long time for Mother and I to get the tree standing straight – I could have done without this job today! Mother and I spent a couple of hours decorating the tree and it looks FAB U LUS darling!!! My mother has some wonderful decorations that I remember as a child, my favourite being a red bird with a long white tail, that clips on to the tree. We watched the 'Strictly Come Dancing' finale – a wonderful extravaganza, but the winner was not who I expected it to be! I thought it should have been Alexandra Burke, but Joe McFadden won the prized Glitterball trophy!

MORE PICTURES TO BE ADDED ON MONDAY EVENING.

No comments:

Post a Comment