SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 11 February 2021

A Very Icy Day!

I always de-ice the bird baths in the mornings, but today was more than a challenge! I normally knock the ice out with a heavy duty hammer – it wouldn't budge! Never seen it like that. So, very stupidly I tipped my tall RSPB bird bath to the ground, expecting the ice to fall out. The ice barely cracked, but the edge of the bird bath did! It was obvious that the plastic bath would break, but I'm not always totally with it early morning and now I have a chipped bird bath! I maybe able to superglue the section back in place?!

Visiting patients out in the community wasn't too bad and pretty clear along the main roads, but sensibly I couldn't take my usual scenic route via Ringstead and the back roads of Thornham, which were still impacted with snow I noticed on route!

Tried to remove the ice from the bird baths again this evening and managed to remove a good amount, but still not all, even with boiled water from the kettle! Roll on Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment