SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Sunday 7 February 2021

Birding at Fisherfleet – No Snow!

My snow free garden, taken through patio window

 

I was quite excited about going for a walk in the snow this morning – it was suppose to snow from 4am. Not a snowflake to be seen! No snow ALL day, just a cruel east wind and bitterly cold. Didn't sleep very well last night, but got up far earlier than I have been of late. Decided to do egg and soldiers for breakfast, can't remember the last time I did that! Then, duly fell asleep!!! Covid still making me tired, or it could be the side effects of the vaccine, either way I was very sleepy!

Mid afternoon, I had to go into town for a few food items from Grape Tree Foods, birthday card for Lucy etc and then went to Fisherfleet by the Docks. Lots of Black-headed Gulls sitting on the edge of the mud, 1 Redshank and 11 Turnstones feeding by the outfall pipe and the usual Mallards were seen. As I left I saw a few Pied Wagtails by the Weighbridge, so stopped to count them and was amazed to find that there were 100+ feeding on the concrete area and presumably gathering to roost. The last time I saw a big wagtail roost, was in one of the courtyard gardens at the QEH, but sadly they havn't been there since the shrubs were cut low a couple of years ago.

Wrapped Lucy's birthday presents this evening and delivered them to her door, just in case I can't get the car out in the morning!!!🤣🤣🤣 The snow has finally arrived at about 10pm and my little green car is now white, so hopefully there will be enough snow in the morning to go for a scrunchy walk in my wellies!

No comments:

Post a Comment