SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 4 February 2021

An Eventful Day At Work And Vaccine Booked!!!

I have now rotated to the Stroke Community Team for 6 months and this obviously involves visiting and treating patients in their own homes. As in the hospital, we have to wear PPE eg masks and visors etc to protect our patients and ourselves. Today I was doing therapy with a patient in the Thornham area, which meant that because of the patient I had visited beforehand and a road closure at Ingoldisthorpe, I had to take a detour via the duckpond at Ingoldisthorpe. This detour took me inland, along beautiful tree lined roads on a beautiful clear and sunny day – it was joyous to see some countryside. Seeing the sea on the horizon and waves crashing distantly against a bright blue sky, nearly brought tears to my eyes – it look so magical and so exhilarating! I miss the sea, the crashing waves and beach SO much – its really affecting my state of mind.

I had a little mishap whilst walking around the side of a patient's house........ I tripped and fell over – skidded on some wet grass and crashed down. Very luckily I got off lightly with a small graze on my left knee and grazed the palm of my right hand to the point where it started to bleed, but seemed ok later on! I had to return home to change my grass coloured tunic and to carry out first aid on my hand before returning to work!!!

On the 1st February or thereabouts, was 28 days from when I tested positive for Covid-19, so I can now have my Covid Vaccine. So today I booked to have the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 Vaccine tomorrow at the QEH after I finish work. I'm not exactly excited about having it if I'm honest, but don't feel I have much choice being as I work in a hospital. I know that I probably have lots of antibodies right now, but you CAN get Covid twice and I don't want it again – could put me in hospital second time round! I have deliberately booked it on a Friday, so if I have any reactions or feel crap, it will be in my own time over the weekend and Monday/Tuesday and should be ok to go to work on Wednesday. I can't be off work ill anymore, with the way the NHS system works with sickness – long story!

Lucy's birthday is next Wednesday 10th February – I have booked part of the afternoon off, so that she can go for a social distanced walk with me if she wants to – looking at the snowy weather forecast for next week, I don't think she will want to walk anywhere though! Lucy doesn't do cold weather! I could just be dropping her presents off at the door. My sisters and I don't have our birthdays at the warmest times of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment