SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Friday 31 March 2023

LAST DAY AT WORK!!!

Today was my last day at work, although I'm not officially finished yet, as on annual leave next week. It took me all day running around, back and forth and half the evening, to tie up all the loose ends and ensure everything was completed on my long list, before I left the office for the last time. You can't just walk out when you've in have been in the same job for over 14 years. There were emails I needed to send, people to ring, sorting my folders out, patient errands, other jobs and so on. Typed up a new updated jobs list and a thank you piece to my colleagues and naturally I finished with the laminator (my colleagues know how much I love laminating everything!) Some of them seemed surprised a while back, when I said I had a laminator at home – they couldn't understand why! Why not?! Alison and Hilary both very thoughtfully and kindly bought some scrumptious cakes in, which went down well with all of us.

My last trip to work, will be on Wednesday for my leaving lunch party – that will be a very difficult day indeed. I will try and find a corner spot to hide away in! Note to self: bring tissues. I have worked with some fabulous colleagues over the years, both permanent and rotational staff and I will miss all the banter and laughter in our team, in particular from Hilary and Rhiannon, who are both exceptional in making you cry with laughter! You need that in our jobs, otherwise at times, you would lose your sanity. I have loved my job very much indeed and have achieved many things over the 14 years in post, but the magnetism of Shetland is far bigger!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Penny my wife and I wish you all the very best for your future journey.we have followed your blogs for some time and had hoped to meet you on our visits to Norfolk however that unfortunately didn't happen but we look forward to reading about your future adventures on Shetland.
    Rod and Gill Surman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Penny I’m going to miss you soo much!! Your laughter, the help you always give me no matter how busy you are! Your such a superstar and Shetland have gained an amazing lady, see you Wednesday for a big hug! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sure who this is in my team, but thank you so much xxx

      Delete
  3. You will be truly missed penny xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm guessing you are one of our Emily's at work?!

      Delete
  4. Wishing you all the best for your future venture. Have seen you a couple of times in Norfolk at birding sites. Enjoy your new job and hope you see some great birds. Donna Hill x

    ReplyDelete