SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 21 June 2023

"Da Simmer Dim"

Hummingbird hawk-moth
My garden this evening, Lerwick, Shetland
Taken quickly with Apple iphone!

 

No funky pictures of sunsets, it was overcast and dull this evening. The highlight was my first Shetland Hummingbird hawk-moth, on my sage flowers this evening! I flew outside and managed to get quick a couple of out of focus shots on the phone and then it was gone after about 30 seconds, so good job I didn't mess about getting the Canon R5 out! Noticed some Silver-Y moths in the garden too last night. Still light here at 11pm!

Tomorrow is a big day, which will result in me being on a massive high or low! Fingers crossed! Update tomorrow with fabulous and exciting news or not – more than probably not!

No comments:

Post a Comment