SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER TEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Wednesday 7 June 2023

EASTERN OLIVACEOUS WARBLER at Quendale, Shetland!

EASTERN OLIVACEOUS WARBLER
Found by Dan Pointon at Quendale Mill, Shetland
 Rubbish picture, but slightly better than nothing at all

 

After work this evening, I went to look at a one level property with its own beach and an incredible view, I probably won't be able to afford it though, unless someone wants to add £30,000 to my funds! 😊😉 Its not for sale yet, but will be at some point.

I then headed to Levenwick and parked up along the top road (South Punds) to see if I could get a distant scope view of the Broad-billed Sandpiper. I was just about to get the scope out of the car, when the Shetland RARE WhatsApp group bleeped up with OLIVACEOUS WARBLER at Quendale Mill!!!!! I promptly left!

How lucky was that, I was only 4.5 miles away! Found by Dan Pointon! Thank you very much indeed! Arrived on site to only a handful of birders and was soon watching my first UK Eastern Olivaceous Warbler flittering around feeding amongst the sycamore leaves, WOW!

Everyone else was snapping away with their cameras and all I managed eventually, was some distant smudgy shots as I STILL have not mastered the R5 camera! It wouldn't automatically focus on any setting. I'm thinking of going back to my old faithful Prime 300f4 lens with the 7D Mark II to be honest – I know for a fact that I missed many good shots that I would have got with my old kit, simply because the R5 is not set up correctly.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Penny. I struggled moving from the 7d mk2 to the R5. Found this YouTube video a game changed. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-nnRqgXu7QI

    ReplyDelete