SHETLAND BIRD NEWS, PHOTOS, BIRDING, LIFE AND MORE! MY 14th YEAR ANNIVERSARY 2024!


Ring RARE BIRD ALERT with your sightings to: 01603 456789 or Hotline: 0207 0382820 or Text: 07520 634324
All Bird News & Megas via The Rare Bird Alert Website – Subscribe To RBA For Detailed News & Much More!

OVER ELEVEN MILLION VIEWS! If you would like to advertise here, please contact me at [pennyclarke@talktalk.net]

Thursday 8 August 2024

My Garden Photos, Spring, Summer 2024!

I've worked really hard developing my garden over the last few months. I wasn't going to buy any annuals, but was tempted and bought a few in the end – I particularly love Livingstone Daisies, which were one of my mother's favourite in her garden. Some of the plants were already here, some were my late mother's and many pots were mine from King's Lynn and have bought some new plants and pots from Planticrub garden centre. I bought a composter, wooden garden chairs, a table, wooden planters and various amusing things to add interest to the garden.

Now I need to focus hard on getting the decorating done and get as much as the house completed and unpacked as possible, before Autumn migration hits. What I don't finish, will get done over the Winter period. These photos are straight off my phone camera, unedited and just randomly added, hope you enjoy them! 😊 🌺 🌼 🌸 🌹

There will be some bird photos added soon, honest! This made sound a weird thing to say, but I'm looking forward to spending my first Christmas in my new home and can't wait to get my new Christmas tree up, as not had one for many, many years – it wasn't worth it in my rubbish house in King's Lynn.


Garden Photos, Spring, Summer

Driveway and side of house
 
 


Front Gardens

 
Back and patio area

9 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic. Well done. It must be very gratifying after all the initial hassles you had with moving, finding a place of your own etc. I hope you enjoy many happy years there.

    Malcolm

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking absolutely fabulous Penny, well done, and the cooler and damper climate obviously suits the plants really well. Everything here is drying up as usual....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny, your garden(s) look wonderful... I put the (s), because you have many distinct "rooms"....
    and your choice of Osteospermum is the same as mine, here.... must be this year's colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, looks like it's all coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! You have worked so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to Shetland and what a beautiful garden. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all very much for your lovely and very kind comments x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great Penny, how things have moved on since we chatted at Sculthorpe Moor on the demise of our beloved Norfolk. All the best, Richard

    ReplyDelete